Conversion Crew Member (Part-Time)
Company: Target Center
POSITION Conversion Crew
SUPERVISOR Conversion Manager
FLSA STATUS Non-exempt; Part-time
UNION I.B.T. Local #638
This position is an active member of the conversion/changeover crew involved in conversion responsibilities and efficient changeovers between events. Duties require converting the facility to concerts, basketball games, and family shows in addition to assisting with any event oriented preparation/setup for shows or sporting events to run safely and efficiently.
- Responsible for working with a team to convert and prepare the arena for events.
- Setup and take down of basketball courts, staging, risers, and other event related items. Physical work/heavy lifting is common and required.
- Assist with daily maintenance and upkeep of department equipment such as seating risers, basketball floor and hoops, dressing room furniture, and miscellaneous other.
- Assist during event responding to radio requests for set up, removal, and/or repair of risers and dept. equipment.
- Hours of work include days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Related experience desired; trades experience (e.g., carpentry, construction labor, maintenance) preferred.
- Forklift operation experience preferred.
- Knowledge of staging and production equipment desired.
- Available to work flexible hours required. Daytime availability preferred; third shift availability required.
- Ability to navigate a variety of floor surfaces and areas.
- Ability to work in a variety of environments, including but not limited to heights, elevators, darkened arena, around crowds, loud noise, and flashing lights.
- Continuous standing and walking, including up and down stairs.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75 pounds.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, or REGISTRATIONS
Commercial Driver License for Forklift operation a plus.