Director of Security
Company: Target Center
AEG Facilities and SMG are now ASM Global. We are the world’s leading venue management and services company, connecting people through the power of live experience. As the world’s most trusted venue manager, we have a global reach that is unmatched in our industry. Our expertise and experience tailor all the resources we have accumulated to deliver the localized solutions that create the places where communities come together, celebrate and thrive.
We are looking for someone to fill our Director of Security position that is located at Target Center in Minneapolis, MN. Home of the MN Timberwolves and MN Lynx.
The Director of Security is responsible for the Target Center Arena security operations, including but not limited to, anti-terrorism, risk management, loss prevention, safety, training, investigations and intelligence, budgeting, emergency preparedness, disaster prevention, and personnel management. This individual will oversee the day-to-day security operations of the facility.
- Lead security initiatives and operations including developing, maintaining, and overseeing the day-to-day operations of the security department.
- Provide leadership of security operations including vulnerability mitigation, incident response, and risk assessments.
- Develop, coordinate, and implement policies, standards, and procedures to safeguard the company.
- Establish measures, metrics, thresholds, and targets to drive performance in alignment with security, and other business strategies.
- Lead security managers responsible for security, negotiating contracts, and implementing new systems or procedures.
- Responsible for championing awareness, influencing compliance with security policies, and providing solutions for business specific security issues.
- Develop, create and implement an accepted and sustainable security culture. Address employee conduct and performance issues.
- Establish and maintain positive and collaborative relationships with customers, including local, state and federal authorities.
- Ensure compliance with AEG S.A.F.E. and SAFETY ACT
- All other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications (Job Knowledge, Skills, and Education):
- A minimum education level of: BA/BS Degree (4-year) (Advanced Degree Preferred)
- A minimum of 7-10 years of advance security, law enforcement or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience handling investigations, personnel matters, and case management
- Experience handling sensitive information and intelligence
- Experience with executive protection
- Thorough knowledge of CCTV, fire alarm systems, computerized access control systems, and wireless radio communication
- Experience with or knowledge of security-related legislation and regulation
- Ability to work with the public effectively, tactfully and safely
- Ability to effectively manage, motivate and lead members of the security team.
- Ability to effectively manage crises and work under pressure.
Preferred Qualifications (if applicable):
- Practical knowledge of law enforcement procedures, technical writing, civil law, criminal law, security procedures, investigative procedures, training programs and personnel management.
- Ability to understand business issues and processes and to articulate the business context of projects/processes.
- Ability to cultivate and maintain effective and collaborative relationships with internal and external constituencies and building tenants.
- Active participation on security-related industry groups and advisory boards.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.