Company: Target Center
AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
This Event Manager position is located at Target Center in Minneapolis, MN. Home of the MN Timberwolves and MN Lynx. The primary focus for this position is on the Timberwolves and Lynx events.
This position is responsible for managing the event details and front-of-house needs for all Target Center, Timberwolves, and Lynx events. The individual in this role will communicate event specifics to all applicable departments and work to ensure the success of each event. This position does not have direct reports.
Duties and Responsibilities
- In conjunction with the Team and Production Manager, advance Target Center games/events/shows (e.g. review concert riders) with clients, communicate event requirements to all departments, and ensure all pre-show requirements have been met.
- Work closely with the Team and Production Manager to ensure shows/concourse set-ups are managed appropriately.
- Maintain positive communication and serve as a venue resource for clients, up to and including the event day.
- Manage the first aid program for all events that include public guests/participants
- Lead weekly Event Meeting, communicating/delegating event specifics to affected departments.
- Review Guest Services and Manager-on-Duty event notes regularly and follow-up with any needs that are noted.
- Create brief event notes, summarizing needs and timelines for each event.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.
AEG is an EEO Employer.
Required Qualifications (Job Knowledge, Skills, and Education):
- A minimum education level of: BA/BS Degree (4-year)
- A minimum of 3 - 5 years of related work experience
- Must be highly organized, resourceful, quick learner, and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Exceptional interpersonal and telephone skills.
- Ability to maintain positive rapport and strong relationships with internal and external (e.g. clients/tenants) customers.
- Ability to lead a team or resources involved with event set-up
- Strong negotiation and problem resolution skills
- Ability to work independently to accomplish work objectives, as well as in a team environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet work objectives, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Frequent moving about, including stairs.
- Ability to lift/push/pull or otherwise move up to 15 pounds.
Preferred Qualifications (if applicable):
- Experience in special events/sporting events
- Experience with Microsoft Office