Event Security (Part-Time)
Company: Target Center
POSITION Event Security
SUPERVISOR Director, Security and Manager, Security
FLSA STATUS Non-Exempt/Part-Time
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide guests with a secure and positive impression of Target Center. This impression is created by providing guests with accurate event information and assisting them with security questions regarding the event. This position is expected to work cohesively with all employees of Target Center in maintaining a superior level of guest service.
- Provide a secure and positive first impression of Target Center by offering superior, individualized service.
- Monitor entry and exit points to specific areas of Target Center, including screening of guests bags prior to entering the arena.
- Provide Target Center guests accurate event and arena information.
- Enforce facility policies (i.e., no smoking, no re-entry) and procedures throughout the arena.
- Respond to emergencies as necessary.
- Aid in direction of orderly evacuation of the building during emergencies.
- Deal with patron problems and complaints up to the level where intervention by a Security Supervisor is required.
- Hours of work include days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills.
- Excellent knowledge of public safety and security procedures/protocols.
- Have knowledge of Security Chain of Command.
- Law enforcement, Law enforcement student, or Military background preferred. But not necessary.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to navigate a variety of floor surfaces and areas.
- Ability to work in a variety of environments, including but not limited to heights, elevators, darkened arena, around crowds, loud noise, and flashing lights.
- Continuous standing and walking, including up and down stairs.
ASM Global reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.