Event Custodian (Part-Time)
Company: Target Center
POSITION Event Custodian
SUPERVISOR Custodial Manager and Event Custodial Supervisor
FLSA STATUS Non-Exempt; Part-Time
UNION I.B.T. Local #638
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide guests with a positive impression of Target Center by cleaning and maintaining the facility and assisting guests as appropriate. This position is expected to work cohesively with all employees of Target Center in order to maintain a superior level of guest service.
- Effectively and efficiently respond to custodial calls during and after events.
- Calls should be acknowledged and closed in a timely manner.
- Custodial calls can include:
- Sweeping/Wet & Dry mopping
- Emptying trash/Restocking restrooms
- Cleaning glass, windows, the restrooms & showers, and Upholstery
- Hours of work include days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Other custodial duties as assigned by management.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- General knowledge of cleaning practices and cleaning chemicals.
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills.
- Experience operating walk behind, scrubbers, and carpet extractors is a plus.
- Must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this job that are physically demanding. (i.e., kneeling, bending, stooping, sweeping, moping, walking stairs, pushing, pulling, reaching, carry trash, garbage, and buckets).
- Ability to navigate a variety of floor surfaces and areas including stairs, escalators, carpet, concrete, etc.
- Ability to work in a variety of environments including but not limited to heights, elevators, in darkened arena, around crowds, loud noise, and flashing lights.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds.