Company: Target Center
AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
This FT Electrician (union) position is located at Target Center in Minneapolis, MN. Home of the MN Timberwolves and MN Lynx.
The Electrician will provide service for all electrical systems within Target Center. This includes assisting in the production of Target Center events and everyday electrical needs. This position will provide customer service to the various departments and entities. Must be able to communicate well with co-workers and executive management.
- Provide electrical installations as needed to support various evens (NBA, NCAA, Concerts, Ancillary Events, Etc.).
- Set up and take down of Basketball scoring systems.
- Repair and maintain operating equipment and machinery as required.
- Perform planned maintenance on various types of equipment (i.e. switch gears, transformers, fuses, VFD’s, etc.).
- Provide electrical requirements as needed to event production staff.
- Install conduit and electrical services indoors and outdoors as required.
- Assist other departments as needed.
Required Qualifications (Job Knowledge, Skills, and Education)
- A minimum education level of: High School Diploma or its equivalency (BA/BS Degree Preferred)
- A minimum of five years of related work experience
- Current Journeyman level license.
- Proficient at reading wiring diagrams.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Ability to climb ladders
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays, as required.
- Must comply with all OSHA and NEC safety codes as well as applicable building codes as required.
- Must be able to work well on a team.
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.