FT Housekeeping Lead (Union)
Company: Target Center
AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
This FT Housekeeping Lead (union) position is located at Target Center in Minneapolis, MN. Home of the MN Timberwolves and MN Lynx.
The Housekeeping Lead is responsible for performing daily housekeeping duties in all areas of the arena prior to, during and after events to maintain a clean facility for our guests. The incumbent is also responsible for delegating and monitoring task lists for housekeeping attendants. This is a union position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain Cleanliness of Facility
- Inspect and maintain the cleanliness of venue restrooms, event spaces, corridors, offices, suites, lobbies, escalators, elevators, and exterior building grounds.
- Maintain public restrom facilities, ensuring that they are fully stocked, countertops are kept clean, waste receptacles are emptied, and floor are kept in a safe and clean condition.
- Maintain the cleanliness of concrete, terrazzo and carpeted surfaces. This includes sweeping, mpping, and vacuuming.
Maneuvers broom, mop, vacuum and other floor cleaning equipment in order to perform all tasks related to maintaining the cleanliness of concrete, terrazzo, and carpeted surfaces.
- Lead the teams assigned to clean areas around the building. Ensures that teams are meeting quality control standards.
- Maintain open communication at all time with Housekeepers and Managers ensuring awareness of all current activity or issues which may require immediate action or intervention.
- Ensure cleaning responsibilities are met to include all areas from ceiling to floor. Carpet care to include vacuuming, stain removal, carpet extraction and scotch guarding; tile care to include sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, waxing and buffing, window washing, stainless cleaning, dusting and scrubbing of floors as needed and other special cleaning responsibilities.
- Organizes and maintains janitorial supplies in closets and on carts, ensuring all items are stocked.
- Operates and maintains floor cleaning equipment, and compactor safely and effectively without damaging property. Utilizes and enforces safety procedures while using all other cleaning equipment so that safety regulations are upheld within the department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum education level of:
High School Diploma or its equivalency
- A minimum of
1-2years of related work experience.
- Must be able to understand verbal and written instructions in English.
- Knowledge of chemical cleaning agents and operation of various cleaning equipment.
- Must be able to do repeated lifting (up to 50 pounds unassisted), bending, standing, able to extend arms, scrub, stoop, climb stairs, and move about public areas for up to 10 hours continuously.
- Must be able to perform repetitive hand and arm movements and simple grasping constantly; pushing and pulling, squeezing. Must be able to twist, bend and squat frequently; kneel or crawl occasionally.
- Must maintain a professional appearance.
- Must be able to work around large groups of people during events.
- Must be able to work under pressure, in time sensitive operations, in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work in a warm or cold environment.
- Must be able to work in a moderate to very loud noise environment.
- Requires exposure to heights.
- Must be able to work with others in a group or team.
1 year of previous supervisory experience is preferred. Ability to speak Spanish is preferred. Basic computer skills in Outlook, Word, and Excel preferred.
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.