Guest Service Coordinator
Company: Target Center
AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
This position is located at Target Center in Minneapolis, MN. Home of the Minnesota Timberwolves and the Minnesota Lynx.
This position will support the daily activities of the Guest Services department and report to the Manager, Guest Services. Areas of focus will include oversight of the arena tour program, ancillary event staffing, recruitment and training of usher staff, event night supervision, and administrative duties.
Guest Services Department Operations
Partner with the Guest Services Manager to review and recommend day-to-day operational procedures; with a strong focus on PT Event employee performance and exceptional guest experiences.
Arena Tour Program
Oversee Target Center’s arena tour program, including the scheduling of regularly available public tours, booking of group tours, coordinating payment and update of TC.com/tours, as well as scheduling and training staff of Tour Guides from the pool of Guest Services Ushers.
As Ancillary Events are booked, manage the call for staffing, assigning of placements, and scheduling in ABImm for usher staff.
Recruitment & On-boarding
- Review applications for usher department as well as schedule and perform phone interviews.
- Conduct department-specific orientation and building tour for new staff.
- Maintain department Recruitment Tracker.
Event Night Supervision
- Manager, in conjunction with the Guest Services Manager, the performance and conduct all of the part-time Guest Services event employees to provide exceptional guest service at all Target Center events.
- Generate positive public image through effective management of departmental standards, including but not limited to cleanliness, proper uniform, and professional appearance.
- Provide department management in absence of Manager, Guest Services
- Update Event Notes and distribute to building staff / managers for all events at Target Center.
- Track and record the monthly Events Worked for usher staff.
Other Duties as assigned.
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.
AEG is an EEO employer.
Required Qualifications (Job Knowledge, Skills, and Education):
A minimum education level of: BA/BS degree in a related field
- 3 years of work experience, preferably in Customer Service Environment
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work without sacrificing quality
- Ability to adhere to the Guest Services/Event Department’s prime directives
- Ability to multi-task proficiently on various departmental assignments in a timely fashion
- Ability to work with a team as well as independently with minimum to moderate supervision
- Must have a flexible schedule, with ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays when necessary
- Strong knowledge of ABI mastermind and MS Office, with all its applications
- Ability to adapt and work effectively in various parts of arena complex
- Prior experience working at a major sports venue.