Manager of Social Media & Digital Marketing
Company: Target Center
AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
This Manager, Social Media & Digital Marketing position is located at Target Center in Minneapolis, MN. Home of the MN Timberwolves and MN Lynx.
This position will develop, manage, and execute Target Center’s social media and online/digital programs ensuring the success of all Target Center events and social media marketing initiatives. The position will serve as the lead social media representative and social voice of the arena and is responsible for strategic social media planning, creating and posting all digital content. In addition, the position will support with other marketing activities including the planning and execution of event and venue marketing plans, database marketing initiatives, community relations programs, event welcome initiatives, business development efforts and basic design and graphics projects. This position will also be responsible for creating, “branding”, proofing and maintaining various resources, such as tech packs, digital/hard copy marketing kits and sales collateral.
- Implement and maintain a Scheduling / Planning calendar. Manage the process as well as direct involvement with designing graphics, producing and editing and writing effective copy for social channels and venue website department goals.
- Create engaging, fresh, and interesting content to expand Target Center’s digital and social footprint as well as utilizing social media to support and reach sales initiatives. Engaging in conversation across social channels with fans, players, artists, local media, etc while building followers and engaging influencers through multiple social media channels.
- Serve as the venue’s lead social media representative monitoring sites on an on-going, daily basis. Will also monitor and engage in real-time social media activities during events, producing content, and liaising with guest services lead to provide excellent customer service to patrons online.
- Manage venue’s website ensuring all information is accurate and correct. Will work interdepartmentally to assist with guest services, and operational information and be able to translate information to be consumed by the public.
- Strategize and execute paid and organic social media campaigns, performing A/B testing, evaluating performance, and achieving ROI benchmarks. Analyze key metrics and tweak strategy as needed. Create and provide insightful reports to stakeholders.
- Serve as on-site marketing department representative for designated events - duties may include social media tasks, serving as venue PR representative, media escorting, sponsor and/or promotional partner implementation, media partner implementation, etc.
- Create, brand, proof and maintain various venue communications resources including the Target Center asset and marketing kit, collateral materials, ads, digital advertising, signage and various other pieces.
- Assist with the planning and execution of effective marketing and sales campaigns specific to various events to maximize attendance and revenue.
- All other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications (Job Knowledge, Skills, and Education)
- A minimum education level of: BA/BS Degree (4-year) in Sales, Marketing, Business Administration, Communications or related field
- A minimum of 3-5 years of related work experience
- Thorough understanding of paid search, paid social; experience in AdWords is a plus
- Sports and entertainment Industry knowledge/background preferred
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Experience with social media management software such as Sprinklr, Hootsuite, Sprout Social, or other well-known tools
- Experience with design tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier Pro, After Effects, and video editing is a plus.
- Strong customer service skills
- Independent decision-making skills; ability and knowledge to apply judgement in resolving problems of moderate scope and complexity
- Must be well versed in all major platforms and stay current on emerging trends and updates.
- Keen knowledge of all Microsoft office applications and social media tools
- Highly organized, resourceful, quick learner and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to lift/push/pull carry or otherwise move up to 15 pounds
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.