Sr. Manager, Marketing and Communications
Company: Target Center
AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
This Sr. Manager, Marketing and Communications position is located at Target Center in Minneapolis, MN. Home of the MN Timberwolves and MN Lynx.
Responsible for overseeing all event-related marketing, promotions, advertising, communication and publicity functions designed to sell tickets for Target Center’s non-team events. The position will also oversee strategy surrounding the venue’s social media, database and website platforms. In addition, the position will actively participate in venue branding, community relations and publicity efforts in conjunction with other members of the Sales & Marketing team.
- Plan and execute effective marketing campaigns specific to each family show, concert or sporting event to maximize attendance and ticket revenue. This includes but is not limited to media planning-negotiating-buying, promotion implementation, publicity, database marketing, social media efforts, trade media allocation, campaign budgeting and settlement preparation.
- Work in conjunction with other members of the Target Center marketing team to effectively communicate and promote events through venue assets, event sponsorships, promotional partnerships, community efforts, media partners, trade partnerships and group marketing campaigns on a show-by-show basis.
- Initiate, develop and maintain relationships with national and local promoters, record labels, touring personnel, media partners and Timberwolves/Lynx counterparts.
- Work in conjunction with Sr. Director, Sales & Marketing, and arena box office staff to maximize revenue realized from un-manifested ticket inventory (e.g. unmans, lofts and rails).
- Serve as Target Center’s liaison for all database initiatives including but not limited to Fan Interactive, AXS marketing, and team cross marketing opportunities.
- Work closely with Social Media Manager on event and venue related social media initiatives, content creation and strategy. Serve as back up managing social media platforms.
- Assist with the creation, management and activation of venue branding, marketing and communication initiatives including but not limited to departmental budgeting, annual marketing plan creation, community relations programming and internal/external venue publicity efforts.
- Serve as on-site marketing department representative for designated events (e.g. duties may include serving as venue PR representative, media escorting, sponsor and/or promotional partner implementation, media partner implementation, etc.)
- Assist with AEG Facilities national marketing team. Responsible for local implementation of corporate/national marketing and publicity initiatives and providing event marketing support for (off-site) AEG events or partners in the marketplace.
- Other duties as assigned by management
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.
Required Qualifications (Job Knowledge, Skills, and Education)
- A minimum education level of:
- Area of Study: BA/BS Degree (4-year) Sales, Marketing, Business Administration or Related Field
- A minimum of
5 to 7years of related work experience
- Solid knowledge of Twin Cities market and media buying, planning, social media and database marketing
- Sports and entertainment industry knowledge/background preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including writing press releases and operating as spokesperson to media for interviews
- Strong customer service skills
- Keen knowledge of all Microsoft office applications and social media tools.
- Highly organized, resourceful, quick learner and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to lift/push/pull or otherwise move up to 15 pounds.