Company: Target Center
DEPARTMENT Guest Services
SUPERVISOR Guest Services Manager
FLSA STATUS Non-Exempt/Part-Time
UNION I.B.T. Local #638
The primary responsibility of this position is to help create a positive event experience for all guests at Target Center by offering superior, individualized service and support. Ushers are expected to work cohesively with all employees of Target Center in order to maintain a superior level of customer service.
- Ushers generally work one of three positions as directed by management: Ticket Taker, Section Attendant, or Elevator Operator.
- Enthusiastically greet guests and provide event and arena information.
- Escort guests to their sections/seats, frequently when the arena bowl is dark.
- Enforce facility policies (i.e., no smoking, no re-entry) by monitoring stairs and sections.
- Proactively approach guests that may have a question, difficulty, or complaint.
- Creatively resolve guests’ troubles up to the level where intervention by a Supervisor is required.
- Identify and respond to emergencies, involving Security or Supervisors as appropriate.
- Remain calm and direct guests to the designated area of safety in the event of an emergency.
- Hours of work include days, nights, weekends, and holidays, meeting all call times as set by management.
- Other duties and unexpected needs as assigned by management.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Candidates must be 18 years of age or older.
- High School degree or equivalent is required.
- Must be able to communicate clearly, have a friendly disposition, and a smile!
- Previously demonstrated strong Customer Service experience is required.
- Candidates must be able to stay calm in the stressful and fast-paced environment of an arena.
- Experience in handling conflict in a friendly and effective manner is preferred.
- Ability to navigate a variety of floor surfaces and areas, including continuous standing and walking, including up and down stairs.
- Ability to verbally communicate in a clear manner with guests, teammates, and building staff.
- Ability to work in a variety of environments, including but not limited to heights, elevators, darkened arena, around crowds, loud noise, and flashing lights.
- Continuous standing and walking, including up and down stairs.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 10 pounds.