Just Announced: NHL Winter Classic Fan Fest on January 01, 2022
NEW YORK (Dec. 14, 2021) – The National Hockey League (NHL®) has announced the attractions and hockey interactives planned for the free Truly Hard Seltzer® NHL® PreGame, the official fan festival of the much-anticipated New Year’s Day 2022 Discover NHL Winter Classic®, between the Minnesota Wild and St. Louis Blues at Target Field in Minneapolis, home of Major League Baseball’s Minnesota Twins. The 2022 Discover NHL Winter Classic® will be the first NHL Winter Classic® scheduled to be played in primetime and will start at 7 p.m. ET/6 p.m. CT on Saturday, Jan. 1, 2022. The game will be televised on TNT, Sportsnet, and TVA Sports.
The Truly Hard Seltzer® NHL® PreGame will be a free, non-ticketed event, open to the public on Saturday, Jan. 1 inside Target Center (600 North 1st Avenue). Attractions will also be outside along 1st Avenue and North 6th Street in downtown Minneapolis. A 2022 Discover NHL Winter Classic® game ticket is not required for entry to the Truly Hard Seltzer® NHL® PreGame.
Highlighting the Truly Hard Seltzer® NHL® PreGame will be a variety of fun hockey attractions, live musical performances, and much more. On the outdoor music stage, Minnesota’s own Viva Knievel will perform and inside Target Center local DJ, DJ Mad Mardigan will perform.
WHAT: Truly Hard Seltzer® NHL® PreGame
WHEN: Saturday, Jan. 1, 2022
12:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. CT
WHERE: Target Center (Inside Attractions)
600 North 1st Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55403
Along 1st Avenue and North 6th Street (Outside Attractions)
Minneapolis, MN 55403
The Truly Hard Seltzer® NHL® PreGame will feature the following hockey-themed experiences with more than a dozen official NHL partners activating to engage fans:
- Truly: As title sponsor and part of the PreGame inside Target Center, Truly Hard Seltzer is giving fans the chance to win “Truly” the Best and Warmest Seats in the House at the NHL Winter Classic along with the opportunity to meet Wild Legend, Mikko Koivu, and participate in Truly hockey challenges, including Target Practice, Bullseye Battle, and Accuracy Challenge.
- Bud Light: Come check out the Bud Light activation space where you can get all free swag to stock up before the game. We’ve got hand warmers, beer koozie mittens (if you’re 21 years old or older), lip balm, plus so much more! Get your picture taken at our photo booth and make sure to grab a beer (if you’re 21 years old or older) before the game.
- Clorox: Clorox’s “Beat the Sneeze” activation tent will be an ultimate NHL Winter Classic PreGame destination with photo moments, coveted prizes and more. The pop-up will challenge Clorox fans to show off their fastest slapshot to beat the speed of a sneeze for a chance to land on the leaderboard. As the NHL’s Official Cleaning & Disinfecting Product Partner, Clorox hand sanitizer gel will be available to help keep NHL fans safe and healthy.
- Discover: Discover is taking a classic arcade game for family and friends and making it life-sized. Fans can compete against one another and special guests on Discover’s giant Air Hockey table to see just who has what it takes to knock off their friends and family. Fans can also pick up an “NHL Winter Classic Survival Kit” complete with an NHL Winter Classic presented by Discover fanny pack, gloves, hand sanitizer and other essentials for taking in the NHL Winter Classic from Target Field.
- Dunkin’: Dunkin’s Fan Zone will be a fun NHL Winter Classic PreGame destination for fans. The pop-up will offer Air and Bubble Hockey games, a DJ, and a fun photo opportunity with a custom donut wall. All are welcome to stop by and enjoy free coffee, hot chocolate, and Munchkins® Donut Hole Treats. Dunkin’ is also partnering with The Assist to bring sensory kits to the NHL Winter Classic for the first time.
- MCR Safety (Fastenal): MCR Safety looks forward to participating in the 2022 Discover NHL Winter Classic. For all those who enjoy ice hockey, we think you’ll enjoy our insulated Ninja Ice gloves too. See you at the game!
- GEICO: Before the puck drops, visit GEICO at The PreGame to snap a photo in the GEICO NHL Winter Classic penalty box and spin the giant hockey puck for the chance to win a prize!
- Great Clips: Engage with a virtual Fan Coach at the Great Clips Fan Greatness activation to personally perfect your fan skills, with pointers on everything from the best celebration dance moves to how to get the best hockey hair flow.
- Honda: Fans can have a chance to win great prizes by showing off their hockey skills! They can also check out the lineup of rugged Honda vehicles.
- Minnesota Wild: Try your hand at an interactive shooting station, take your photo with the giant Wild logo and receive exclusive giveaways.
- NHL Fan Access: The NHL Fan Access App presented by Ticketmaster gives you access to event schedules, maps, and the opportunity to participate in fun activities for a chance to win prizes at The PreGame.
- NHL Network: NHL Network is giving fans an interactive experience with the TV home for the National Hockey League. Fans can test their stick skills with an inflatable target practice shooting drill. NHL Network’s NHL Tonight will air extensive pre- and postgame coverage of the 2022 Discover NHL Winter Classic.
- Pepsi: Hockey fans have compromised enough! Pepsi will create an over-the-top and larger than life slapshot game that aims to bring enjoyment and fun to fans of all ages. Fans will have the opportunity to take four (4) shots on our Mega Slapshot gameboard to earn various hockey themed prizes and put their name on top of our Pepsi leaderboard for all to see. All fans in attendance will also have the opportunity to sample a 12oz can of Pepsi Zero Sugar.
- Ticketmaster: Swing by Ticketmaster’s Hardest Shot experience to test your hardest slapshot! Hit us with your best shot, then see where your shot stacks up on our leaderboard.
- Upper Deck: Upper Deck, the NHL’s exclusive trading card partner, will be onsite creating personalized NHL Winter Classic trading cards for fans in attendance. Fans can also get a FREE set of NHL Winter Classic trading cards for a limited time on UpperDeckEpack.com. Upper Deck e-Pack® is the innovative platform that allows fans to buy, open, collect and trade with collectors around the world.
- Verizon: Need to charge up on game day? Verizon and ChargeFUZE teamed up to provide portable phone chargers for rent inside The PreGame and Target Field. If you’re a Verizon Up member, swing by for a free rental!
Compliance with certain health and safety policies will be required for entry into the Truly Hard Seltzer NHL® PreGame, and such policies may be modified according to then-current public health guidance and applicable law. Updates will be made available prior to the Truly Hard Seltzer NHL® PreGame. Fans should visit https://www.targetcenter.com/arena-info/covid-19-info for more information. All fans will be required to pass through metal detectors upon entry into the Truly Hard Seltzer® NHL® PreGame inside attractions at Target Center. Single-compartment bags (maximum size of 16”x16”x8”), including purses, tote bags, drawstring bags, diaper bags, fanny packs and medically necessary items are permitted inside Target Center and all bags will be subject to search.
For the most up-to-date schedule of events, appearances and fan reminders, fans should visit https://www.nhl.com/fans/winter-classic/pregame or download the NHL Fan Access™ App. Fans can join the conversation via the official NHL hashtag #WinterClassic.
In addition, a wide assortment of 2022 Discover NHL Winter Classic® products will be available for purchase at the Official Merchandise Shop at the Truly Hard Seltzer® NHL® PreGame.
NHL, the NHL Shield and the word mark NHL Winter Classic are registered trademarks and the NHL Winter Classic logo, NHL Fan Access, NHL Network and NHL Tonight are trademarks of the National Hockey League. NHL and NHL team marks are the property of the NHL and its teams. © NHL 2021. All Rights Reserved.
Truly Hard Seltzer is a registered trademark of Hard Seltzer Beverage Company. All Rights Reserved.
Note to Media: To coordinate media access or arrange live shots from the 2022 Truly Hard Seltzer NHL® PreGame, please contact Brad Klein (C: 347-380-2993, email@example.com), Chris Madigan (C: 203-918-1652, firstname.lastname@example.org) or Colin Bradley (C: 860-490-3748, email@example.com).